More details here: https://kerrisdalecc.com/all-candidates-meeting-van-granville-oct-8/
(Van-Granville) All Candidates Meeting | Tues October 8
- Doors open at 7:20 pm. Enter the Auditorium via 5851 West Boulevard and 42nd Ave entrance.
- Meeting starts at 7:30 pm sharp! Welcome from Robert Lockhart, President, Kerrisdale Community Centre Society (KCCS)
- Moderator, Edward Quan, introduces the candidates and the question they have been asked to respond to: “Politicians all over the world are dividing nations to further their own success. What will you do to unite Canadians?”
- Each candidate will be given 7 minutes to speak to the question.
- Each candidate will have 2 minutes to respond to questions posed by members of the audience.
- Meeting closes at 9:45 pm.
VANCOUVER- GRANVILLE CANDIDATES
- Ind: Hon. Jody Wilson-Raybould*
- Green: Louise Boutin
- PCC: Naomi Chocyk
- NDP: Yvonne Hanson
- Lib: Taleeb Noomohamed
- Con: Zach Segal
Note: AUDIENCE QUESTIONS TO CANDIDATES
Kerrisdale has for many years asked audience members at all-candidate meetings to write their questions on cards that are collected and sorted by topic and assigned to a designated candidate and at least one other. Our question sorters group questions with the same topic and choose a single question about each topic that is asked to several candidates.
We find that this method of capturing and addressing audience questions allows all audience members to craft questions about issues that concern them, ensures that all candidates get equal “air time” in question period, permits organizers to present a variety of question topics to candidates, and makes for a better use of limited meeting time. Each candidate will have 2 minutes to respond to a question.
LIMITED CAPACITY | EASY ACCESS BY TRANSIT
Sponsored by the Kerrisdale Community Centre Society. Serving our community since 1943.
For further information, email Alison: firstname.lastname@example.org